Saturday, October 18, 2008

THE TV INTERVIEW

This morning I was invited to a TV interview with AVANI. When I arrived there were other panelists - one from the Trade Union, a Wanita Umno from some cawagan and MIC Wanita Chief. There were also lots of students from the IIU.( International Islamic University).

The big question was this- why are the races still so divided here in Malaysia? Everybody contributed their political niceties- all the usual crap about what a wonderful example Malaysia is to the whole world. I spoke out my mind this morning and I am regretting it now. The truth is this - that we are still a long way from racial integration. Everybody know that but very few want to comment for fear the reprisals. I wanted to keep my views to myself but today i lost the battle for self control. I told them what I felt- " The Malaysian Gooverment is being hypocritical."

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Malaysia
Origin- Penang.Came to KL in 80's to study theology.Threw away my religious books after 4 years to read Law.