Saturday, October 25, 2008

GRANDMA



This was how my Grandma on my fathers side looked like.She lived in another world-
she,her beetel leaves and simple saree.She had never been to school and was illeterate.Sometimes used to send me to the Chinese sundry shop to buy her "Cheroot Chap Bunga"-her moment of luxury- 10 cents for three cigars.No TV's at home,no mobile phones and no computers and very,very little money. And yet she lived in her simplicity.The most longed for event in our family those days was Sunday-Kolli Kary(Chicken Curry)Just how much has changed in just 2 generations!She is long gone but still fondly remembered as our compassionate Granny.

How would you like to be remembered 2 generations from now?- Vijay- The Midnight Owl

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Malaysia
Origin- Penang.Came to KL in 80's to study theology.Threw away my religious books after 4 years to read Law.