Sunday, July 12, 2009

CALL OF THE DESERT


I have trekked in many places and in 2 deserts of the world.One is the desert in Arabia and the other is the Mojave desert in California.The first was terrifying- the feeling of being all alone in a foreign country- in the middle of nowhere.I told my driver and guide to drop me in a desolate part of the desert and to pick me up in the evening before sunset.He was very suspicious as to what I wanted to do all alone in the desert as there was nothing there but sand,stone and dust-and also some strange empty caves by the mountainside.. When he left,I trekked 2 hours to walk to the distant mountain and its many caves.When I arrived at the dark brown mountainside,the place was so deathly silent-so eerie...rocks everywhere...but there is a huge dark cave there...I walked to wards it very slowly.. whether I come out alive or not...I know this.. something is urging me to go in...although I am fearful,I know I have to go in and find out for myself..my heart stops breathing now as I leave the sunlight and enter the darkness of the eerie,silent cave..... Vijay The Midnight Owl

P.S.When my bearded Arabian Guide came to pick me up at 7 pm,he kept staring into my face silently.

1 comment:

Spider Mama said...

Oh nice, i've only been to the dessert on Gran Canaria, hot and nice, my type of element.
Nice blog.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Malaysia
Origin- Penang.Came to KL in 80's to study theology.Threw away my religious books after 4 years to read Law.